Sunday, November 27, 2011

Traffic lights

New job. New life.
“Welcome Samantha! This is going to be your desk, close to the picture window”, explained her new boss.
“Oh! Thank you! I will try to do my best”, answered Sarah. New office. New life.
On the way back home. Full of bright light thanked to her new place, her new window. Suddenly, RED. The traffic lights showed she needed to stop again. “Why was me the only witness of that murder? Why do I have to change my life? Where is he?” she asked herself. Old thoughts. Old life.
A new chance: GREEN. “Come on, Sarah! You need to continue walking. You can do it”, she encouraged herself.
Home. Everything is different. Letters for Samantha read by Sarah.
His little son asked her if she could help him with his homework. New school. New life.
“I need to write about my family, mum”, asked little James.
YELLOW. Truth or lie? Sadness or happiness? Killer or dad? Old or new?
“Everything is new, little James. Let´s paint all of our walls green”, answered Samantha feeling more confident than ever. Convinced of being a new woman. “Bye bye, Sarah”.

3 comments:

  1. The story is good, but I don´t really see very similar to mine, I don´t know.... well imagery is very clear and maybe that´s the only thing in common we can have haha.
    I like the way you wrote your story classifying moments with the traffic lights colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the story. I agree with Elena about the use of the traffic light comparing it with the different situations. The use of colors it's a well form to describe the imagery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!! When I read yours, Elena, I inmeditely thought that was very similiar to mine. Not the way it is written, but the idea. Expressing the new projects and the contrast with her new life. =)

    ReplyDelete