Monday, November 28, 2011

Action Man



The first thing that I see every morning is my super Action Man. I know that he’s there, aware that nothing bad could happen to me, watching for danger.

Action Man looks every morning under my bed to see that there is no monster that could catch me and sometimes -and this is a secret- I sleep embracing him sure that he is here to protect me.

After I say good morning to Action Man, I run to give dad a hug.
He is at home today. Most of the days he’s not. Mom says that dad has a really important job and that is why I can’t see him as much as I would like to.
The best thing about my dad is when he hugs me and raised me in the air, like an airplane!

Mom and dad argue a lot. When they argue I observed them through the door’s chink so they can’t see me.
It is very strange because when they argue, dad hits mom.
My teacher at school always tells me and my classmates that we can’t hit anybody, and if we have hit somebody, we have to apologize and promise that we won’t do it again.
But dad never apologizes.
There are sometimes that they yell so loud that, even I if I cover my ears with my hands, it seems that they are screaming into them.

This morning dad hit mom. She is on the floor and she looks as if she was sleeping.
Dad is crying.
I have taken the Action Man to wake her up, to save her like he saves me from the monsters, but mom is sound asleep.

2 comments:

  1. this is a fantastic story. The last paragraph is incredibly powerful. The only thing I'd recommend is reworking the last two paragraphs so they look neater - like, actually finish the lines horizontally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Ana! Really moving!

    ReplyDelete