Wednesday, November 30, 2011

13.



My grandmother was a very weird woman. She had squandered her life studying biology and she never shared her knowledge with anybody. She also didn´t like the familiar gatherings and she was always complaining about the food which my parents and me served al home al Thanksgiving Day. She hated turkey and she never understood why people eat it that day; so she didn´t dine that night.

That day, few hours later I got up in the middle of the night and I saw her in the kitchen holding a knife. She was doing some strange movements in the shadows. I didn´t know what she was doing but at that moment I was very frightened...I venture to go towards her and suddenly I asked "Grandma, what are you doing?" She turned around and look at me, it was very dark and then she answered, "Oh, I was very angry and I was buttering four thick slices of bread!"

No comments:

Post a Comment