Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mum!


When I took my year off, I decided to visit Greece on my own. I left my house and my family in Spain and I took the first flight to Athens without any accomodation in order to survive by myself.

When I was a couple of days there, I started to miss my family, my neighborhood, my friends...but I have to be strong and forgot those ideas.
So, one day while I was sitting on one of the beaches of Santorini Island I look to the horizon, and then I realize that my life was starting to finish...

THE END

3 comments:

  1. the story works because it makes you feel sad, specially at the end. So, it´s very good shocking.
    it makes you feel as well. Last sentence is great ``my life starting to finish...´´

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to re-read it. It makes me feel sad and moves me. Nice to place it in Greece, beacuse of their beautiful landscape it helps with the imagery.
    Some mistakes: "those ideas" instead of "that ideas"; "one of the beaches", not "one´s of the beaches".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It also makes me feel sad. You express well how the main character feels homesick, and I emphasize with him/her. I also like the antithesis in the last sentence: starting to finish.

    ReplyDelete